Three things you didn't know about Vicki:
- Vicki enjoys writing and illustrating children’s stories for her 3-year-old grandson
- Including her grandson, she has 5 children of her own. She loves visiting her house and boat in Cornwall to escape them all
- She thoroughly enjoys running and partakes in charity races whenever she can
In general, Vicki specialises in analogue and digital electronic technologies, has experience with mechanical inventions and has developed an extensive knowledge of IP case law, in the UK and worldwide. More specifically, she has, throughout her career, starting from when she was an Examiner at the UKIPO, specialised particularly in digital and data communications, and telecommunications, inventions, and has also gained over 20 years experience in dealing with computer-implemented inventions, leading to an in-depth knowledge of the intellectual property laws associated with software in key markets around the world.
She has acted for a broad spectrum of clients and represented some at Opposition and Appeal hearings before the European Patent Office. More recently, she has supported mediation and litigation in intellectual property disputes.
She has gained expertise in assisting and supporting entrepreneurs and start-up companies in optimising their IP protection, resulting in being involved in numerous early success stories.
Prior to joining Wynne-Jones IP in 2013, she has been a patent examiner at the UK Patent Office, a partner at a large UK IP firm, and she also started her own firm, but took a career break in 2010 and became a curriculum leader at Gloucestershire College for the Engineering department.
Alongside being a Partner, Patent and Design Attorney, Vicki heads up our unique Training Academy, which was created not just to train attorneys and paralegal staff, but also to provide education on intellectual property to the wider community by way of seminars and workshops. Vicki is also part of the firm's highly experienced and dedicated designs team that was set up in 2018 to provide expertise in filing strategy and filing applications for registration for UK and EU applications.
- European Patent Attorney (EPA)
- European Design Attorney (EDA)
- Chartered Patent Attorney (CPA)
- Eng. (First Class) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Swansea University
- Passed UK and European Patent Attorney examinations (1997/1999)
- PGCE (Distinction) from University of West England