Three things you didn't know about Jayne:
- At just 11 years of age, decided she was going to be a scientist after watching ‘Frankenstein’ on the TV
- Her passion is working with inventors, innovators and entrepreneurs
- In her spare time she keeps chickens, rabbits, a cat and a husband. She is also a practising psychotherapist specializing in young people with anxiety and depression
Jayne spent 12 years in R&D at Unilever Plc, developing innovations for consumer products such as CIF, Domestos, Persil, Omo, Lysoform and Dove, world-wide. For four years she was global R&D Director for Unilever’s household cleaning business, with a team of 70 staff world-wide developing technologies for Unilever’s household cleaning brands such as CIF and Domestos, during which time a team she led personally won the Unilever Research Team of the Year Award.
She has in depth and wide-ranging senior management experience, much of it in Tech and IP. She is knowledgeable and experienced in IP planning and strategy at Board level. She has managed several high profile joint ventures for technology development.
She has over 25 years experience in creating and managing strategic business relationships.
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry, the University of Birmingham
- PhD Organometallic Chemistry, the University of Birmingham (sponsored by BP Chemicals)
- Unilever management development scheme (3 years)
- Unilever senior management development scheme (1 year)
- BA. (hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Warwick
- Registered Psychotherapist on the National Counselling Register (NCR)
- Technical project management training (EJA, Santa Fe, California)