The UKIPO has temporarily reduced or removed certain fees associated with patents, trade marks and registered designs until 31 March 2021.
In light of the disruption caused by Covid-19, the UK Intellectual Property Office (UK IPO) announced a period of interruption which extended certain time periods on patent, trade mark and registered design applications. This period of interruption ended on 29 July 2020.
To further help applicants after the end of the period of interruption, the UK IPO has introduced temporary fee changes taking effect from 30 July 2020 until 31 March 2021.
Under the new temporary fees:
- Official fees for extensions of time will be zero;
- There will be no surcharge for payment of a patent application fee after the date of filing;
- Fees to apply for reinstatement and restoration will be zero;
- For patents and designs, there will be no surcharge for late payment of a renewal fee; and
- For trade marks, the surcharge for late payment of a renewal fee will be £1.
If you would like to find out how these changes could benefit you, please get in touch with your usual Wynne-Jones contact.
For the full news story published by the UK IPO, please click here