Three things you didn't know about Victor:
- He once appeared in ‘The Sweeney’ TV show, and as a monk on Channel Four
- He enjoys playing “spot the trade mark I have registered” when driving on the motorway
- His supervisor at university was Richard Dawkins and he has gone on to develop a passion for metaphysics
He spent four years doing scientific research (and rowing) after graduation and believes strongly in the application of scientific method in the development of legal strategies and problem solving.
He has over twenty-five years experience as a specialist trade mark and design attorney, during which time he has developed many long-standing and close relationships with clients, in many cases becoming a trusted “virtual” member of their teams, and providing proactive strategic advice, rather than merely being an expert to turn to when questions arise. Victor is also a qualified Trade Mark & Design Attorney Litigator.
In that time, he has attended professional meetings in around 25 countries (including around 15 US cities) and built up an unrivalled network of associate international trade mark, patent and design attorneys, many of whom have become his friends.
He is a member of the International Trademark Association’s Emerging Issues Committee, has edited the journal ‘Intellectual Property Decisions’ and lectured students on the JDD training courses.
- MA (Hons) University of Cambridge, Clare College (1984)
- MSc University of Oxford, Jesus College (1988)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (1993)
- Authorised Representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (1996)
- Qualified Trade Mark & Design Attorney Litigator (2008)
- Member of Marques and ECTA
What do our clients think?
Wynne-Jones IP have always taken the time to understand our business needs to clearly advise the trade mark options available in many different parts of the World. I would have no hesitation in recommending Wynne-Jones IP to any of my associates or friends as their diligent approach always finds the best route forward.
Gavin Shaw, Intellectual Property Manager & Project Accountant, JSP Ltd